Chicken Ramen with Hot Sauce
If you have never tried Ramen before then seriously you don't know what the hell you are missing! Our version of Ramen is gluten-free and banging with flavour and a little heat! that's depending on how much Hot Sauce you pop on!
- 20 Minutes
- Serves: 4
Ingredients Chicken Ramen
- 4 x Chicken thighs
- Marinade Chicken - 2 Tbsp Red miso, 1 Tsp Chicken stock with little water, nori, pinch sea salt & pepper, 1 Tbsp soy sauce GF, 1 Garlic minced & 1 Ginger minced.
- 4 x Eggs (boiled)
- 100g Rice vermicelli noodles (gluten-free)
- 2 x Large handfuls of baby spinach or Chinese broccoli
- 2 x Large handfuls of beansprouts
- 1 1/2 LTR chicken stock (gluten-free)
- Broth - 3-5 Tbsp Red miso, 1 ½ LTR Chicken stock, 2 sheets nori, pinch sea salt & pepper, 1 Tbsp soy sauce GF, 2 Garlic minced & 2 Ginger minced, 2 white parts of spring onion.
- 1-3 x Tbsp of either Poseidon’s Kiss or The Demonic, Korean or Little God Rye Hot Sauces (optional at the end).
- Season with sea salt & black pepper
- 2 x Spring onions (sliced on an angle, green part of garnish & white to go into stock)
- 1 x TBSP Thai Chilli Jam
- Toasted sesame seeds to serve
- 2 x Red chillies (sliced thinly for garnish)
- 2 Tbsp Kimchi
Bring a pan of water to the boil and once boiling turn down the heat to low and carefully lower the eggs in, next, the pan back on to boil and boil the eggs for 8 minutes. Remove from boiling water and put into cold water and peel once cold.
Marinade the chicken for around 4 hours.
Put the broth ingredients into a large pan and put bring to a boil, and once at a boil simmer for 15 mins.
Sieve the broth to remove chucks so that you are only left with liquid and then put back on the heat and 1-2 more tbsp red miso.
Wipe over the chicken and put it into the broth and poach it for around 6-8 minutes, next put the oven on 180c. Put a frying pan on medium to high heat and remove the chicken from the broth and cook to slightly brown the chicken in the frying pan for around 1 minute and then pop it in the oven and leave for 3 minutes, now remove the chicken and allow to rest for 2 minutes, make sure the chicken is cooked.
Cook the noodles in the broth for around 1 minute and drain.
At this point, you can either add the Hot Sauce to the broth or if you have guests that don’t like heat then serves theirs first and then add it!
Slice the chicken then add to your eating bowls the noodles, chicken, broth, eggs, beansprouts, kimchi, baby spinach or Chinese broccoli, spring onion, red chillies, and garnish with sesame seeds, Now Enjoy!!!!