Tom Yum Soup with Demonic Hot Sauce
Tom Yum Soup is a traditional Thai soup that filled with seafood and made with a yummy spicy paste. The dish is easy to recreate and will be a loved by everyone in the family! The Demonic can be added just after serving, that way the kids don't have to have it!
- Serves: 4
- 500g Large raw prawns (peeled and devein if using full prawns and use shells within soup stock but stain out)
- 500g White fish (bones removed & skin & cut into 3inch chunks)
- 2 LTR chicken stock
- 2 x Lemongrass stalks (crushed)
- 6 x Kaffir lime leaves (2 x kaffir lime leaves sliced thinly for garnish)
- 30g x Ginger (sliced)
- 1-2 x Red chillies (sliced thinly & seeds and white inside part removed)
- 1 x Tbsp The Demonic Hot Sauce
- 1 x Tbsp brown sugar
- 4-6 x Large Tbsp chilli paste
- 2 x Tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 200ml x Coconut cream
- 1 x Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 8 x Mushrooms (sliced in half)
- 12 x Cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Thai basil or Basil to garnish
- Flaked sea salt to season
- 4-6 Red chillies
- 2 x Tbsp veg oil (for frying)
- 4 x Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 x Kaffir lime leaves
- 2 x Tbsp Shrimp paste
- 4 x Large shallots or 6 small
- 4 x Tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 4 x Tbsp brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
Add all paste ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth, add a little water if too thick.
Get a fry pan and add 2 tbsp veg oil and fry the paste on a medium to high heat for 1 minute.
Set aside until ready to use for the soup.
Pop a pan of stock on heat and bring to a boil and once to the boil, add in lemongrass, 4 x kaffir lime leaves, ginger, 1 x red chilli, brown sugar, soy sauce, chilli paste, fish sauce and coconut cream, cook on a simmer for 15 minutes.
Next, strain the soup.
Add the soup back into the pan and put back on a medium to high heat.
Add, your mushroom and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Next, add your prawns and fish and cook for 2 minutes or until cooked.
Turn off the heat and add lime juice and cherry tomatoes.
Get a large deep serving bowl.
Pop in your fish in the middle of the bowl with prawns around and then start adding your soup liquid, add enough liquid so that your fish and prawns can still be seen. Now, add The Demonic Hot Sauce if wanting it.
Garnish with half of lime, kaffir lime leaves, Thai basil, and red chilli.