Thai Fish Cakes with Thai Chilli Jam
We have discovered the perfect recipe to go with our Thai Chili Jam or our Thai Dressing Sauce! and guess what? it's BLOODY easy!!!
- Serves: 4
- Gluten Free
Fish Cakes Ingredients:
- 1 x red chilli (roughly chopped)
- 1 x lemongrass (stalk outer leaves removed and inner white stalk chopped roughly)
- 1 x tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- 1 x tsp brown sugar
- ½ x tsp flaked sea salt
- ½ x tsp cumin powder
- 3 x spring onions
- 1 x tbsp minced garlic
- 1 x tbsp minced ginger
- 1kg mixed fish fillets (bones and skin removed)
- ½ x packed cup coriander (roots as well)
- 2 x kaffir lime leaves (stems removed)
- 5 x Thai basil leaves or normal basil
- 3 x tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ x tsp ground black pepper
- 1 x cucumber (made into spirals using a spiral maker or ribbons)
- 1 x shallot (minced)
- 2 x spring onions (finely sliced on an angle)
- 1 x red chilli (de-seeded & sliced thinly)
- Handful green beans
Salad Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 x tbsp gluten-free fish sauce
- ½ x lime (juiced)
- 2 x tsp garlic (minced)
- 2 x tsp sugar
- Thai Chilli Jam or Thai Dressing Sauce
- Toasted peanuts (roughly chopped)
- Thai basil (garnish)
- 2 x Limes (cut in half)
Instructions Fish Cakes:
Pop the chilli, garlic, lemongrass, fish sauce, Thai basil, brown sugar, black pepper, salt, cumin, spring onions, garlic, and ginger in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
Add the fish and pulse again for a few seconds. Finally add in the coriander and kaffir limes leaves and pulse until everything is mostly combined. By doing it this way it will give them a nice texture.
Scoop out the fish mix and form in little balls in your hand. Put on a plate, and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up a little whilst you prepare the salad.
When you’re ready to cook the fish cakes, heat the oil in a large frying pan, over a medium-high heat. When hot, add in the fish cake balls and squash down a little with a spatula. Cook for about a minute to a on each side, until golden brown.
Instructions Salad & Salad Dressing:
Put a pan of salted water on a high heat. Once boiling add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes and then add to an ice bath to stop them from cooking anymore.
Get a large bowl and add cucumber, shallot, green onion, and chilli.
Combine dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Toss the green beans in some of the dressing on there own.
Get a good-sized serving dish.
Now, add the cucumber salad mix and then green beans around and a few peanuts.
Pop, the fish cakes next to the salad and garnish with peanuts and Thai basil.