Thai Coconut Chicken Noodle Soup
Our Thai coconut chicken noodle soup will be a winner in any families household, its banging with flavours and easy super easy to recreate!
- Serves: 4
- 2 x Chicken breasts
- 1 LTR chicken stock (gluten-free)
- Pinch of ground black pepper & flaked sea salt
- 1 LTR coconut cream
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Stick of lemon grass (cut in half)
- 3 Slices of fresh ginger
- Small handful of Thai basil or basil
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tbsp Gluten-free fish sauce
- 1 Ladle of chicken stock
- Pinch of flaked sea salt & ground black pepper
Rest of ingredients
- Thai Chilli Jam
- Pak choy
- Rice noodles
- Red chilli (sliced thinly)
- 2 Boiled eggs (marinade in 1 tbsp GF soy sauce, ½ tsp sesame oil, ½ tsp caster sugar, 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder, 1 tbsp cold water & 1 tbsp rice vinegar)
- Fresh coriander (garnish)
- Thai Basil (garnish)
- Toasted sesame seeds (garnish)
- Pickled red onion (sliced thinly and add salt & vinegar)
Instruction’s boiled eggs:
Bring a pan of water to the boil and once boiling turn down the heat to low and carefully lower the eggs in, next, the pan back on to boil and boil the eggs for 7 minutes. Remove from boiling water and put into cold water and peel.
Next, mix all the boiled eggs marinade together and pour over the eggs and leave to one side, every 10 minutes turn the eggs so that they marinade fully.
Before serving slice the boiled eggs in half.
Get a medium sized pan and pop all the broth ingredients into the pan and bring to the boil.
Next, add 1 ladle of chicken stock from the chicken pan.
Reduce heat and simmer while cooking the chicken.
Just before serving discard the garlic, lemon grass, ginger, Thai basil and kaffir lime leaves.
Put the chicken, pinch of salt & pepper & chicken stock in a pan and bring to boil on high heat.
Once the chicken pan is at boiling point reduce the heat to simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest.
Instruction’s Rice Noodles and pak choy:
Pop your rice noodles into a small bowl and cover with boiling water for 1-2 minutes and drain.
Pop a wok on a medium-high heat with a tbsp of oil and quickly cook your pak choy for 2 minutes.
Get a serving dish and pop in your rice noodles, broth, beansprouts, Thai chilli jam, coriander, red chilli, Thai basil, pak choy, sesame seeds, boiled eggs and then your sliced chicken. Now Enjoy!