Thai Chilli Chicken Basil with Little God Rye
If you need to be done in a flash! then our Thai Chilli Chicken is the perfect answer!!! It's quick, yummy and the whole family will love it!
- 10-15 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 3 x Chicken breasts (finely sliced)
- 5 x Garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 x Red chillies (seeds removed and sliced thinly – Used for cooking & garnish)
- 1 x Onion (sliced)
- 2 x Bunch broccoli (cut into lengths)
- 150g Green beans (trimmed)
- 5-6 Tbsp Little God Rye Spicy Sweet & Sour Ketchup Sauce or one of our Asian Hot Sauces from Gods of Sauces
- 4 x Tbsp Veg oil
- 3 x Tbsp Oyster soy gluten-free
- 100ml Chicken stock gluten-free
- 3 x Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 x Caster sugar
- 1 x Tbsp cornflour (mix into a cup with little cold water before adding, help prevents lumps)
- 1 x Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- Large handful Thai basil fresh
- Small handful normal basil fresh
- Pinch of black pepper & sea salt
- 350g Jasmine rice (wash 3-4 times and drain well)
Wash the rice 3-4 times and drain well.
Put the rice in a pan with enough water that just covers over the top of it and then bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 – 12 minutes until cooked, once cooked drain.
Next, Season the chicken with a little sea salt & pepper.
Mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chicken stock, Little God Rye, fish sauce & sugar together.
Pop a wok on high heat with 1 TBSP veg oil and cook a quarter of the chicken at a time until lightly browned.
Remove the chicken to a plate and repeat until all the chicken is done.
Pop the wok back on the heat and add more oil if required and stir-fry the chillies & garlic for 1 minute.
Next, add the onion and stir-fry for another 2 minutes and then add the green beans and broccoli for 2 minutes, if they start to stick add a drop of water.
Return the chicken back to the wok and pop in the mixed sauce ingredients and then the cornflour paste and stir in the Thai basil and normal basil and cook for around 3 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Serve the rice into bowls and then the Thai chilli chicken and garnish with Thai and normal basil and red chilli.