Moroccan Lamb Kebabs
We have the perfect summer dish for you to enjoy with the whole of the family! Our Moroccan lamb kebabs with Moroccan rice, Demeter yoghurt sauce, Poseidon's Kiss hummus and herb salad will be a winner with all the family this summer!
- Gluten Free
- Serves: 4
- 1Kg Lamb mince (makes 16 kebabs)
- ½ Red onion (diced finely)
- 3 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tsp Smoked paprika powder
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp Cumin powder
- 4 Tsp Garlic (minced)
- Handful fresh parsley & root (chopped finely)
- Season with salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp Smokey Jerk BBQ Sauce
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 ml) water
- 1 Tsp Poseidon’s Kiss Hot Sauce
Demeter Yogurt Sauce
- 1 Cup Natural yogurt
- 3 Tbsp Demeter – gourmet avocado jalapeno herb hot sauce
- 1 Tsp Smoked paprika
- Season salt & pepper
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 cup fresh torn herbs- any mix of Italian parsley, mint, dill, coriander
- ½ cup sprouts – radish, sunflower, or baby pea shoots
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 Spring onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tsp Demeter – Gourmet Avocado Jalapeno Herb Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/3 cup Cashews (roughly chopped)
- 1/3 Cup dried apricots (diced)
- 1 Tsp smoked paprika powder
- ½ Tsp turmeric powder
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1/3 Tsp black pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- Gluten free chicken stock
- 3 pieces saffron
- 1 orange zest
- 1/3 cup currants
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
Instructions Lamb Kebab:
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and cover. To make kebabs, take small amounts of beef mixture and shape them into cylinders or sausage shapes. Skewer the meat, squeezing it to mould it to the skewer and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water to prevent them from burning.
Preheat a fry pan and prepare it for your kebabs.
Cook for around 4 minutes each side, making sure not to make them dry! Cover with foil if cooking a few to keep them warm.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” or “cream” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy.
Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended. Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
Most likely the hummus will be too thick or still have tiny bits of chickpea. To fix this, with the food processor turned on, slowly add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach the perfect consistency and then add Poseidon’s Kiss.
Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
Instructions Demeter Yogurt Sauce:
Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix well, put into a bowl serving bowl and sprinkle over smoked paprika.
Instructions Herb Salad & Dressing:
Put all salad ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Put all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Pop the dressing onto the salad just before serving.
Instructions Moroccan Rice:
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add nuts. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. And remove for later.
Wash your rice 2-3 times until the water runs clear.
Pop your rice in a pan with the chicken stock, garlic, spices and saffron.
Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and cook for 12-15 minutes, or until rice has absorbed stock.
Stir in nuts, currants, orange zest and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve on a large plate, like shown on the photo.
This recipe is from our weekly live show COOKING WITH THE GODS - EPISODE 9, Get the 3 pack today - https://godsofsauces.com.au/products/cooking-with-the-gods-episode-9-recipe-pack