Chicken Fried Rice with Korean Hot Sauce
You will not need to buy fried rice again with this easy to recreate chicken fried rice recipe!
- Prep Time 10 Minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 Cups cooked white rice (day old cold rice)
- 250g Chicken thigh (cut into 1-inch chunks)
- ¼ Cup Soy sauce (Gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp Korean Hot Sauce or Thanatos
- 1 Tbsp Gochujang (Optional & add heats)
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil, plus 2 Tbsp for the wok
- 2 Spring onions (the white part sliced across)
- ½ Tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- ½ Red capsicum (roughly diced)
- Spring onions (green part chopped)
- 1 Red chilli (sliced)(optional)
- A few sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- Korean Hot Sauce
Cook the rice a day before and leave in the fridge.
Get a small bowl and mix soy sauce, salt & pepper, ginger, garlic, coriander powder, honey, 2 tbsp sesame oil, Korean hot sauce, gochujang, and sherry vinegar.
Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in the wok on a medium to high heat, next, add the chicken and cook for around 6 minutes until cooked, now remove the chicken and pop into a bowl and set aside.
Now put the wok on high heat with 1 tbsp sesame oil and pop in the capsicum and spring onion (white part), cook for 1-2 minutes. Next, add in the rice and fry (add more oil if the wok is too dry) for around 4 minutes, keep moving the rice around the wok so it does not stick or burn.
Now add the sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute and then add the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes until the chicken is hot.
Serve in a bowl with sesame seeds, spring onion (green part), red chilli, fresh coriander and Korean hot sauce.