Asian Rice Bowl
- Serves: 4
This quick and easy dinner will be a winner for the whole family! it was in our house!
- 500g Pork mince (when cooking make sure to break up well)
- ½ Red onion (diced finely)
- Pork mince marinade – ½ tsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce, pinch of black pepper, pinch of sea salt, 2 tsp minced ginger, 2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp Thai chilli jam, 1 tsp lemon grass (diced finely) & 4 basil leaves (diced finely).
- Red cabbage (sliced finely)
- 4 Eggs
- Peanut oil
- Carrots (cut into match sticks)
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Black rice (washed 3-4 times)
- Spring onion (cut on an angle thinly)
- Sesame seeds
- Dressing – 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 2 tbsp Thai chilli jam, 2 tsp cold water, 2 tsp castor sugar & ½ tsp sesame oil
Rinse rice under cold water. Cook the rice for 35 minutes in a rice cooker.
Next, add the pork mince marinade to the pork mince and add 1 tbsp peanut oil to a wok and cook until cooked through, remove from heat and keep warm.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook beans, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bright green and charred. Transfer to a plate. Cook mushroom, stirring, for 2 minutes or until golden and just tender. Transfer to a bowl. Add carrot to pan. Cook for 1 minute or until charred. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, for Sunnyside up, or until egg white is just set.
Whisk the rice vinegar, Thai chilli jam, sugar, sesame oil and 2 teaspoons water in a small bowl. Arrange rice, beans, mushroom, carrot, pork mince, cabbage, coriander, and spring onion into serving bowls. Pop the fried egg on top. Drizzle with the dressing. Now Enjoy!