Huevos Rancheros with Smokey Mexican Sauce
Want to try something different for breakfast? And something that’s easy to cook too? Then the Gods Mexican Huevos Rancheros with our Smokey Mexican Sauce is an ideal breakfast with banging flavours!
- Serves 4
- Gluten Free
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- 1 Tbsp Smokey Mexican Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Green Capsicum Charred Grilled (Chopped)
- 2 Tins of Tomatoes
- 1 Tin of Mixed Mexican Beans (They sell them at Woolworths)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder (Optional)
- 2 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ Cup Water
- Handful of Fresh Coriander & root (Leaves chopped & roots diced small)
- ½ Tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- 2 Jalapenos Charred Grilled (Chopped)
- Few Drops of Tabasco Sauce (Optional)
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- Gluten Free Tortillas
- Sour Cream
Char grill your jalapenos and capsicum until nearly black on the skin.
In large pan, heat olive oil on a medium heat.
Add onion and green capsicum, cook until tender.
Add cumin, smoked paprika, garlic and chilli powder, cook for around 1 minute.
Next add tomato, mixed beans, jalapeno, chilli powder, salt, tabasco sauce, tomato sauce, Smokey Mexican Sauce and water.
Simmer covered for around 20 minutes.
Break eggs, one at a time, into cup and slip into sauce.
Cover and simmer over low heat until eggs are set, about 5 minutes.
Pop in the fresh coriander and season with salt & pepper.
Serve over tortillas and sour cream.