Chinese Ginger Basil Chicken with The Demonic Hot Sauce and Garlic Rice
The GODS have really delivered with this Chinese Ginger Basil with The Demonic Hot Sauce recipe! because it's seriously yum!!! Don't take our word for it and try it today
- 10-15 Minutes
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 5cm fresh ginger (sliced thinly)
- 6 Spring onions (White part of chicken stock and green part sliced thinly for garnish)
- A small handful of fresh basil (remove some leaves for garnish)
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 2-5 Tbsp The Demonic Hot Sauce from Gods of Sauces (add to your heat level)
- 4 Tbsp Dry sherry
- 4 Tbsp light gluten-free soy sauce
- Pinch of black pepper & sea salt
- Fried shallots (garnish)
- 1 Red chill (garnish & seeds removed and sliced thinly)
Garlic Rice Ingredients
- 260g Jasmine rice (washed 3 times and drained well)
- 1 TBSP Vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 large garlic cloves (minced)
- 500ml Chicken stock
- Pinch of black pepper
Put the chicken, ginger, basil, spring onions & chicken stock in a pan and bring to boil on high heat.
Next, wash the rice 3 times and drain well.
Heat up the veg oil & sesame oil in a pan on medium heat, next, add the garlic and cook for around 2 minutes. Now add the rice and chicken stock pepper and cook on low heat with a lid on for 5-8 minutes until the rice is cooked.
Once the chicken pan is at boiling point reduce the heat to simmer for around 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest.
Next, discard the spring onions & basil and drain the chicken stock left in the chicken pan and once drained put back into the pan.
Now, add in the chicken pan (drained chicken stock pan) The Demonic Hot Sauce to your heat level, dry sherry, soy sauce, salt & pepper to taste.
Now, cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve the rice into bowls and slice the chicken and pop on top of the rice, add the chicken stock and garnish with fried shallots, spring onion, red chilli & basil leaves, Now Enjoy!
Quick Tip: Make sure to prep all ingredients first like slicing etc. this recipe is quick so you won’t have time to do it while cooking!